The “1619” podcast is a New York Times audio series, hosted by Nikole Hannah-Jones, that examines the long shadow of American slavery.
Bom Bom Shankara
by Marti Nikko and D.J Drez
We are also sharing the link to Marti’s Mantra that she shared with us last night. She asked that it be shared with you all to begin to drop into this Spiritual Warrior energy. Remember it’s gonna get worse before it gets better, and you need to have your spiritual armour ready, to protect you.
by Octavia Raheem
- Part journal, part poetry and reflections this book will help you deepen your connection with personal practice & spirit. This will help you ground and settle into this anti racism work. Octavia’s book allows you to rest and release….
- Read the passage on pages 33-34 and start to connect with the history of your lineage and ancestors. This will connect you to the listening activity of the 1619 podcast, to reflect on our country’s history with Racism and White Supremacy.
Love and Rage
by Lama Rod Owens
A Buddhists approach to social activism and using your anger as a form of liberation. This book smashes the perception of spirituality and mindfulness, clearing the way for a more progressive pathway to peace.
Continue practicing the Mantra – Om Namah Shivaya
- One of the most powerful mantras in honor of the Spiritual warrior Lord Shiva.
- Translation: Salutations Unto Lord Shiva, bowing to the inner reflection of the supreme self
- Connect with the Elements of Nature:
- Na – Earth
- Mah – Water
- Shi – Fire
- Va – Air
- Ya – Sky or ether
Surrendering: Relax and come into recognizing the current state of our global world. Begin to replace that fear with love and gratitude for this moment. Journal what comes up for you when you reflect on the state of humanity. Release control, and let yourself “rest” in this openness. Sit or walk in nature if possible as you do this reflection practice. Include the repetition of the Mantra above to channel the power of your Spiritual Warrior guides. Om Namah Shivaya
Marti Nikko – Venmo @martinikko
Shankari Goldstein – Venmo @shankari-goldstein, Cash app- $shankarigoldstein
Yogi J Miles – Venmo @Yogij, Cashapp $Yogij
Kelley Palmer – Cashapp $peacefilledmama, Venmo @Kelley-Nicole-Palmer
Hawah Kasat – Venmo @HawahKasat
Amber Karnes – Venmo @Amber-Karnes